Well as I woke this morning and we got daddy off to work , I wondered what to do with our day. We always have laundry and dishes and sweeping and cleaning to do so I thought why not let that sit for the morning and play with my kids. I rarely take the time to just go and be with them. I do sit and read or color a picture and of course we do school every day but they wanted mom in there element! so ... me and my hair brained ideas we built a fort. Fort Dixon to be exact! With boards , sheets , screws and huge nails and hammers and a drill thingy we got er done! ... Money could not buy what we made...lol (no one would pay for it) but the memories made were priceless. I have 5 girls but im not the "tea party" kind of mom (though im learning) im a fort building, in the dirt and woods kinda mom(my boys really like this) lol... Love being out side! My children are one of the most important things in life to me. I want to do the things they like so that they like helping me! and IT REALLY WORKS THAT WAY. You be a buddy to your children and help them make a fort...or have tea and play dolls.. They will clean to the moon and back because there helping there friend , Mom! I love it. So here are pictures... Yes i look absolutely hilarious but you know what... They didn't care one bit! have a great day and go play with your kids!
faith making a path
guarding the fort! Armed and dangerous
Nikki in the tree
Hope in the tree
Lookin' for dinner
The Fort~!
Joseph~ smile... mom it hurts to smile that long! lol
The men folk
faith making a path
guarding the fort! Armed and dangerous
Nikki in the tree
Lookin' for dinner
The Fort~!
Joseph~ smile... mom it hurts to smile that long! lol


1 comment:
Oh Beth! That is awesome! You are definitely right about getting yourself into their world and they will join you in yours! Thanks for sharing this! Encouraging!
Post a Comment