Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Who am I .... Do you know.


Wow who am I ... that is a question that you do not get asked all the time... so when I heard a lady at my recent woman's retreat and she asked who are you I really thought about that and wanted to share that with my few family members and friends.. As if you really care...lol but here we go anyway.

Birth Name Elizabeth Marie Ervin Born in Hobart OK, to Mike and Ann Ervin who at the time were only 18years old. My daddy dropped out of school to provide for me and mother and then shortly after enlisted in the Army and from there my Sister was born"Athena" and then we went to Germany and lived until I was 4 and then came back to the US and lived all over the south and then eventually my parents divorced and I moved with my mother to Lindsay OK where i lived until I was 12 and then moved in with my Father. We lived in a tiny little town called Roosevelt and when the school was closing and Daddy needed a job we moved to the big city... Choctaw. funny now but back then it was huge to me and the school scared me to death.. Not long we then moved to Jones OK where I met the Sweetheart of my life John. We dated all thru high school and Married when I graduated. We had our first daughter in 2002 and then Ty and Emma came along and then soon I was pregnant with Joseph and Faith had come to live with us when she was 6 weeks old. To back up a little when Nikki was 9 mo old I had found the Lord who was calling me and I accepted. My life was never the same and wow if I had only known what God had in store for me to do Im not sure if I would have believed it. "He never tells us foresight to often... We would not be able to handle it.." With my one daughter and soon after my next child on the way God had really directed John and I for me to stay home and be with the children. God was preparing me for something far greater then I could imagine.. After Ty was born and I was learning to trust the Lord more everyday We met a couple that were not married but living together and expecting there first child together "thou they had children with other people already" The seem to want to know God and want a "normal family life" and so John and I begin to reach out to them and was hopeful to turn there hearts toward God. They continued down the dark path of drug addiction and eventually met with us one night and let Emma stay with us so that we could take care of her since they had such an awful addiction and were not able to provide food and shelter for her... They were hotel hopping and possibly owed people money and felt like they had to let her go with us ... and there is where God begin to show me a love for this little girl like I had never known.. I was now her mother as far as she was concerned as she begin to grow up with our children and Her parents were begining to fade out of the picture.. On evening around 4 pm I got a phone call and a lady on the other line wanted to know if i had Emma in our home which I was a little afraid to answer... I didn't want to loose her.. But little did I know she was needing a home for Emma's baby sister Faith. I was baffled... So many emotions and of course I jumped and said yes.. This was a precious baby and I knew that this is what God would want me to do....and yes I was pregnant with Joseph... We were also blessed with a home that year which I had prayed for, especially since my family was growing so rapidly and my prayer was answered.. Another conformation that God would not give me more then I could handle.. This house was so big compared to what we lived in 800sq ft. and wow was I so excited. but that summer plans had shifted wildly and Corinne was pregnant again and was in rehab.... I was baffled again because In the back of our minds John and I knew that she would one day be ours... But for the time being Corinne was improving and doing rather well it seemed and DHS decided my worst fear.... The girls had to go live with her in the treatment center and see if she could do it "be a mother" My hopes and dreams were crushed.... I had lost my daughters and was devastated Now i only had 3 children...... It was so odd to go thru the holidays with out them. I missed them so much and had very little contact with them... But kept praying for God to heal my heart... I did not think that I would ever have my girls back and then...... The phone rang on August 21st it was my dhs worker.... He said we had to get the girls back can you take them in........ I was of course pregnant again...lol and was so freaked out... but of course I would.. and then they came home...... I was so glad and terrified at the same time.... what to do with all these children under the age of 5 ....... It was crazyness... I even wanted to give up and tried to find a relative who could take the girls but Because God is bigger then me it did not work out and I had a change of heart and asked to keep the girls. I had to get special permission because of our family size... They excepted and it was soooo wonderful... the parents were still trying but the state had set a court date and both parents terminated there rights.... Which was an answer to prayer because Corinne really had a chance but she understood our love for the girls and realized how happy they were with us and she knew she could not give them that life... Praise God for his goodness.... That next year we adopted them and we have been one BIG happy family ever since. Now im very comfortable with my role as mother of soon to be 8 and cant wait to see where God takes our next adventure ... I feel one coming...lol but im not sure what it is yet.. Im praying though. :) So im funny, Crazy, I love to sing and dance. My favorite chore is laundry.. "this has been a learned trait" I love Italian food, Getting letters in the mail is so much fun. Driving fast in a 15 passenger is really cool..people will usually get out of my way. and Last but not least As for my best friend in the whole world it is my husband is my hero. I have spent 1/2 my life with him.. He is my rock when I forget that the Lord is big enough to carry us he reminds me... He is my provider and my confidant... and I can never get enough of being with him... I like him way more then the kids....lol and my children know that we are sooooo in love.. Any time they see the color red....lol the say Daddy there is you and mommys burning love... and the bench out front is our smooching bench...and Nikki tells me some day she will smooch on that bench..... I hope it is along time from now.. My life is awesome.... it has had bumps along the way but if a mountain were not rocky then you could not climb it... I have an easy life.... really I do.. God has always taking care of me and I have never lacked for anything.. So yes an easy life... I am so excited for Heaven though... I wanna see my Jesus and thank him in person.... for "who I am"

Praise the Lord.

Beth

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony. You are an inspiration to me. Praise the Lord for what he is doing in your family.